Welcome to my first home-related post on my blog! I designed every single detail of this house and I can’t wait to share more home inspiration with you! With modern and contemporary style and expensive taste, I love getting inspiration from high-end furniture stores and finding cheaper alternatives that still give off a luxe vibe.
I decided to add a statement photo gallery with classic black and white prints from Walmart! The process of printing the photos was so easy and they were ready within an hour for me to pick up. You can also have them shipped to your house! They are so affordable and the quality of the photos is amazing. I am SO happy with the way they turned out! I love being able to look at our wedding photos every day and be reminded of the happiest time in my life!
Here are a few tips I used to make my room look expensive, even though it’s not!
- Neutrals: I tried to keep my color palette all gray and white with hints of metallic and pops of greenery. Sticking to neutrals in your home (and in your outfit!) will always make everything look more chic and sophisticated!
- Classic Black and White Prints: I see black and white photos with black frames in all of the expensive furniture catalogs. It is such a classic touch that adds an element of personalization to your home! I got both the frames and the prints from Walmart! Here are the exact frames I used. It comes with a installation guide, which makes it super easy to hang straight!
- Faux fur: Faux fur instantly adds the perfect touch of luxury to a room. You can incorporate it with pillows, faux sheepskin rugs, or throw blankets!
- Flowers and Plants: I love my faux fiddle leaf fig tree in the corner! It adds the perfect natural touch. I also love cactus plants and succulents! I need to start adding fresh flowers every once in a while, it makes such a difference!
- Magazines: I know you can find cheap books at thrift stores, but I since I haven’t found any that I love yet, I am using chic-looking magazines and catalogs. What’s better than free?
- Faux Marble: Yes, my coffee table is faux marble! You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on the real thing when there are authentic looking, cheaper alternatives.